Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4th Salmon River fishing and conditions


The Salmon River is low at 185cfs and the Steelhead fishing is winding down. There are still fish to be caught in the deep holes of the mid to lower river and even a few fish still in the Upper Fly Fishing only zone. The fish in the lower end are in a little better shape and are mostly chrome bright as they make their way back towards Lake Ontario. I will be on the river tomorrow and Friday which will be my last guide trips until I leave for Alaska on the 31st of May. The last day I was out was, I believe, last thursday and it was a little slow but we managed many hookups and landed a couple fish including one really nice football shaped brown trout. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of her but here is a pic of the only steelhead we got to the net