Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6th Salmon River Steelhead

I recently returned from my annual trip to Fly Fish Guanaja, which was a great escape from the brutal winter we've been enduring. Unfortunately I don't have any pix from Guanaja because of a computer issue that caused me to loose all of my pix. However, it was once again a phenomenal time with great people, in a great location. I didn't do much fishing this trip, mostly I was there to help out and do my best to empty the beer coolers on a daily basis. I finally got out today on the home waters of the Salmon River, fished for only an hour and landed some nice winter steelhead! The sun was shining, the temps were relatively warm at 22 (I said relative) and the fish were biting! Looking forward now to the beginning of spring steelhead season and seeing lots of familiar faces, and hopefully some warmth!